Set-up CALLMaster Attendant Directory
Use the following steps to set-up the CALLMaster Attendant Directory.
- Backup the CALLMaster folder
- Record Alternate Message and Attendant Name; Enter Directory Listing Entry:
- Log in as the Administrator.
Call the system and log into an Administrator
- Access the Administrator Menu Options.
At the main mailbox menu, ‘Press 1 to retrieve messages, 2 to send a message or 3 to set personal options’,
Press ‘*’ for Administrator Options. You will not be prompted for this option;
- Select Option 9 to record Attendant Directory;
- Enter the Attendant Id for which you
want to make the directory entry followed by the * key when prompted;
- Enter the time of day (0 for all day,
one for morning, two for afternoon, or three for evening);
- Record Alternate Message.
CALLMaster will prompt you to record an alternate
message for this Attendant record.
Press * when finished recording.
Select 1 to approve, 2 to replay or 3 to hear again.
The recording ID will be placed in the Attendant record 'Alt Message ID'
field. This recording will be used if the Type of Transfer set
for this attendant record is Alternate Message;
- Record Attendant Name.
prompt you to record the Name for this Attendant record. Press * when
finished recording. Select 1 to approve, 2 to replay or 3 to hear again.
The recording ID will be placed in the Attendant record 'Name File ID'
This recording will be used when
transferring caller. If the Name is not recorded, the
extension number will be played to the caller instead of the name of
the person or department the caller is trying to reach;
- Enter Directory Listing Entry.
CALLMaster will prompt you to use the touch tone keys to spell the last name for this
Attendant record. Press * when finished. Select 1 to approve, 2 to replay
or 3 to hear again.
The recording ID will be placed in the
Attendant record 'Directory Listing' field.
This entry will be used to lookup and find match against caller selection;
- Repeat steps D to H for each Attendant record
with the associated time of day you wish to have included in your Attendant
- Create Attendant Directory Record:
- Using the CALLMaster Manager, select Manage |
- Add an Attendant record setting the 'Attendant ID' to the number you wish the caller to
enter for directory listing option.
Set 'Time of Day' to All Day; set the 'Type of Transfer' to Directory.
- Save records and close the Manager.
- Record Attendant Menu Prompt# 505:
- Call the system and log in to the Administrator Main Menu per
Steps 2A and 2B;
- From the Administrator’s Menu, select option 7 to Record System
- Select Prompt 505 and re-record to provide the caller with
For example, if in Step 3B you created a
Directory record whose Attendant ID = 4 , then your prompt 505 could
be as follows “If you know your party’s extension please enter it
now or press 1 for information, 2 for sales, 3 for technical support
or 4 for a company directory”.
You have now set-up the Attendant Directory and are ready to use it.