Installing CALLMaster - Step 2: Dialogic Software - HMP Drivers
NOTE: As both CALLMaster and the Dialogic runs as a service, it is very
important to install both using the Administrator account from a local console.
If you are using remote terminal services, you must access the console
session 0 to install. To do so, at a command prompt type c:\>"mstsc
/console" to connect to the console session.
To install and configure the Dialogic HMP software, continue with this Step. If
not then proceed to
Step 3: CALLMaster Software
1. Download Dialogic HMP Software
The Dialogic HMP software must be
installed on your system before installing CALLMaster in order for CALLMaster to
work. You can download the
HMP driver software
from our website.
- Create a new folder in My
Documents – e.g. DialogicSetup.
Download the driver zip
file and save in the new DialogicSetup folder.
Extract the files from the zip file to the folder DialogicSetup.
Check that the DialogicSetup
folder contains a new folder .\Dialogic\. If not then repeat the Step 1.3.
2. Install Dialogic HMP Software
Open the DialogicSetup\Dialogic
folder and run 'Setup.exe' to start the Dialogic HMP Software Installation
- A pop up
message box prompts for the “Drive Letter to Install Dialogic System Software”.
By default “C:” is used and recommended for installation.
- The “Dialogic
HMP Software Release” program starts:
- Click 'Next' to Continue.
- Choose Destination Location: default “C:\Program
Files\Dialogic\HMP” is recommended.
- Select features: Core Runtime
Package, Demos are recommended.
- Accept third party software installation
- Click 'Next' at the Select Program Folders keeping default
- Click 'Next' to Start Copying Files and start setup.
- You will see a screen with the Setup Status screen.
- At the Setup Complete screen, it will request to restart
the computer. Choose ‘Yes’ to reboot and click 'Next'. Make sure
all programs are saved and closed before rebooting.
3. Configure Dialogic HMP Software
Once the Dialogic drivers are installed, an entry is created on your Start/Programs button for Dialogic
HMP. Select option Configuration Manager (DCM).
- The DCM window will then display a message box to select the “Computer
Name” to be configured. The Local computer is selected by default (check
Local if it is not selected) and click “Connect”. The DCM will then go
through the Detection phase and then display the HMP software components and
display “Stopped” on the status line at the bottom of the window fig 2.1.
- Then, to complete the process, start the software by clicking the green
right arrow on the tool bar or select Start/Start system (ctrl+R) from the
file menu. When the start has completed, the System Status line will display
“Running”. You can then close or exit the DCM if desired leaving the
- To stop the Dialogic service, in the DCM press the square red Stop
button or select Service/Stop system (ctrl+T). Normally you will not have
to run the DCM in normal operations since CALLMaster automatically starts up
the Dialogic Service every time it starts.
- If there are any errors messages that pop up during startup check the
Event Viewer in the “Administrative Tools on the Start/Program button.
There you can view the System, Security, and Application Logs for any
message reports made by the Operating system or CALLMaster (Application
Once the DCM shows the Status of Running, you can proceed to
Step 3: CALLMaster Software